Thursday, October 9, 2014

Return of the Mac n' Cheese


Dear Ann,

Ain't nothin' wrong...with a little Mac n' Cheese
Is it OK that I'm nearly forcing my child to like mac and cheese so that I can eat 80% of the box myself?

Return of the Mac

Dear Return of the Mac,

Is the Pope Catholic? Is raising children like having pet monkeys? Did I just find an excuse to link to a previous post? Do I still say "oh no you di-n’t" in my head when someone cuts me off driving? Yes, I admit it. Acceptance is the first step in recovery, and my addiction happens to be outdated sayings from decades past. But this is not about me. It’s about you and your child and the mac and the cheese. The answer to all of these questions – and yours – is yes.

Sure, you could bake your own kale chips or make soup using the organic squash from your perfectly tended garden, but the trolley doesn’t always stop in the land of make believe. Sometimes it stalls in the real world, and in the real world, it’s okay to make some mac n’ damn cheese.

Call me if you make cheese kale chips www.rawfoodrecipes.com
No guilt. No #momguilt. Hakuna Matata. Now say three Hail Mommies and find a nice sauvignon blanc to pair with your mac. 

As always,

Your Ann Abler

No comments :

Post a Comment